-Optimizes battery power and life
-Saves neglected batteries
-Safe long-term maintenance cycle
-Tests battery every hour
-Recommended by 10 power sport manufacturers
How it works
1. Safety check: OptiMate 3 must be connected to a battery (retaining minimum 2V) to activate its output.
2. Desulfation and recovery: if due to sulfation the battery’s resistance is abnormally high, a voltage of up to 20V is
automatically applied to overcome this so as to recover very flat or neglected batteries until they are able to accept
the normal charge program.
3. Bulk charge: a constant current of 0.8A efficiently brings the battery close to full charge.
4. Charge verification: as soon as the rising resistance causes the charge voltage to reach 14.3V, the voltage is limited
at 13,6V for 30 minutes while the circuit monitors the actual voltage and the current absorbed by the battery. If within
30 minutes the automatic circuit judges that the achieved charge is less than optimal, the program reverts to bulk
charge and the process repeats.
5. Charge retention test: when the monitored parameters confirm that an optimal charge has been achieved, the first
check for battery (and connected system) power leakage commences. Depending on the voltage retained during
30 minutes, an “OK” (green LED) or “not OK” (red LED test result is displayed. These 30 minute test periods repeat
hourly until the OptiMate 3 is disconnected, so that the battery status indication is continually updated.
6. Charge maintenance: during alternate 30 minute periods, at a float limit of 13.6V the battery is offered charge
current (up to the maximum) it needs to sustain it against any small connected loads or power leakage and against
natural self-discharge. OptiMate 3 can stay connected to the battery indefinitely, the battery will stay cool and safe.
And optimally charged. Of course.
Recommended for AGM/MF, Standard, GEL and spiral cell batteries from 2.5Ah to 50Ah rated capacity
Program control 5 stages, fully automatic
Input voltage 100-240V~50-60Hz, global input
Input current max. 0.23A @ 100V – 0.15A @ 240V
Typical annual energy cost < $1 (continuous maintenance)
Reverse drain current less than 1mA
Output current (bulk charge) 0.8A
Automatic desulfation yes
Charge time limit 48 hours
Maintain / test cycles 30 min/30 min (alternating hourly)
Charge retention test monitors during 30min., no charge intervals
Size 6 1/2 x 2 1/2 x 1 3/4 inches (167 x 65 x 46mm)
Weight (packaging) 1 1/3 lb (0.6 kg)
Enclosure classification IP54
Mounting easy direct wall mounting
Input cable length 6ft / 2m
Output cable length 6ft / 2m
Included Accessories O-1 weatherproof permanent lead
O-4 alligator/battery clips
Operation temperature range -4 °F to 104 °F / -20°C / +40°C
Warranty 3 years
Produced for Moose by Tecmate of North America